Monday, July 28, 2008

A Sense of Freedom....and Fear

I have had a Mongolian drivers license for 2 years now, and drove for the first time today!  Yeah, I can drive now in the land where the lines on the road are purely decoration, and those pretty red, yellow and green things hanging in the air, yep, they are decorations too.  Now I will be able to help out with the driving and going around town, and hopefully not be so dependant on my chaufeur, Tony.  I hate to admit my biggest fear is not an accident, it is of hitting someone, the Mongolians have no fear of vehicles and walk out in front of cars all the time.  We have actually had people walk into our van more times than I can count.  SO we shall see where this freedom takes me......   YeeHaw

4 comments:

dawn wilson said...

scary!!!!

KathyCrocker said...

Maybe you should just yell out your window " TAWANDA " I hope you have a real loud horn. the louder the more power you have on the road.Or it seems that way though. great reading your blog .
Love ,Hugs, n Prayers,
Kathy

Jess (Ozark Momma) said...

Speed bump!!

Enjoy the driving...think of it as just like home where speed is optional and those pretty hanging lights are often just decorations too!!

BTW, you just have to get some good pics of the eclipse...you know we're getting jipped here!

Joanna Allen said...

I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!

I think I was here 3 years before ever getting behind the wheel! I keep telling everyone that I'm officially Bacolod's slowest driver! But I'm like you, it's those little kids that run out in the road that scare me the most. I've decided that there must be a shortage of guardian angels in the rest of the world because they are all working overtime in Asia!