Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Great Unknown

I almost feel like i shouldn't write anything today because there is so much unknown, that I really don't have any answers.  Tony had a meeting with the director of Eagle TV yesterday and it seems it is just a matter of time before eagle is shut down, unless God intervenes of course.  There were several anti-Eagle people elected into parliament and the Eagle director has had almost continuous meetings since all of this happened.  Eagle is being blamed for the riot because they were the first station to have live coverage.   Yes, this is absolutely preposterous, but sadly true.  So we are just taking things one day at a time, I guess the way we should be, Tony is still writing the lessons for Eagle.  OUr visas are through Eagle, but if that does fall through, Tony can register as a language student again, as a way to stay in the country.  Tony is admittedly discouraged about all this.  He has basically just gotten started at Eagle and now .......what?  
   God gave me a verse in my Bible study this morning though, isn't it amazing how He always gives us what we need?
     Isaiah 55:10-11  For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, an it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

4 comments:

KathyCrocker said...

God must have great things in store for your ministry there. He sure is making ya'll tough as nails. I am so glad you have this blog. My favorite scripture is "Be Still and Know that I Am God" Just to know His might power works with out my help. But have to admit sure would be nice to see more of the picture while the storm is going on.smiles . Love ya , Kathy

dawn wilson said...

Hang in there! we are praying for you here in Huntsville!

Renee O'Hanlon said...

Laura,
Thank you for posting this blog. It makes us aware of your situation and reminds us to pray more faithfully for your ministry.
Love, Renee

Unknown said...

Laura,
I love your new blog. Prayers and love to all of your family.

Always praying for you all.

Love,
Harriet Collier