Thursday, July 24, 2008

Normal Boring Days

O.K. today is just a boring, normal day.  I don't want everyone thinking we are always out playing in the countryside.  The girls are STILL doing school.  We have a countdown and goal to be done August 7.  I think most kids in the states will be starting about then......
   SO we are still doing school everyday and working in baseball 3 days a week for the month of July.  It is actually hot now, highs in the upper 80's this week, I know that doesn't sound bad, but with no A/C it gets pretty hot.  The heat will only last a couple of weeks though, it will start cooling down by the first of August.  Last night we were outside cooling off and talking with the security guard that works at our apartment building and he told us that it is Fall already, He says after Nadaam it is Fall.
   Since it is hot I made chocolate pudding (from scratch) to make pudding pops with.  Also had to make some hamburger buns for dinner, the dough is rising, but I am dreading turning on the oven to bake them.
  Then of course there is the never ending laundry.  I don't have a dryer here, we just hang everything.  I usually wash 3 loads a day, that is all the room I have to hang, so that works pretty good.  My least favorite load is whites, it is so tedious to hang all those socks!
  I just don't want anyone to think that we have been out playing in the countryside all summer, the pictures I have posted consist of about 3 days out of the past 6 weeks.  All those mundane daily chores have to be done on this side of the world too.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hello Laura!

I stumbled across your blog and wanted to drop a line to say "hi". My name is Melanie and I live in Darkhan. You can read my blog if you want: www.melspin.blogspot.com

God bless!
Melanie

dawn wilson said...

you hang your socks to dry?!?! WOW - supermom!!! :)