Thursday, January 1, 2009

Winter Shopping





I put these pictures up because this is just something you NEVER see in America, but we see all the time here.  SOme days I forget to take my camera with me on our routine shopping trips, but last week I remembered.  There were lots of people out shopping, getting ready for New Years.  They don't celebrate Christmas here, it is all about New Years......New Year gifts, New Year tree, and of course the New Year Party.  SO these guys are carrying their frozen sheep on their shoulder and then shoving them in their trunks.  While we were at the market I was watching one man try to fit his frozen carcass in his trunk and it wouldn't fit, so all these other people were standing around trying to help, of course frozen animal carcasses are not very flexible, so he was having a lot of trouble.  I wanted to get a picture, but with so many people around him, I couldn't get a clear shot.

No comments: