Wednesday, August 6, 2008

No CLean CLothes

The washer is still not fixed.  The repairman called yesterday and said he would be rite over........so Tony called him today and he is supposed to come at 4pm.  I am not holding my breathe.  SO I finally gave in the the huge mounds of laundry, and  the girls repeated "Mom, I have nothing to wear" and washed a load of clothes at the neighbors.  At our building they just evenly divide the water bill amongst us anyway, so it's not like I am running up their bill.
  Baking bread is also on the agenda for today.  You might ask "WHY".  Well the answer is simple and goes back to the fact that there is no FDA here,  absolutely no standards to be followed by the companies selling food.  Last week our neighbors, who usually don't buy the bread either, bought 2 loaves of bread, and there were flies baked inside both loaves!!  SO there is the answer.  Baking bread makes the house smell so good anyway.  The tricky part is baking it at a time when everyone isn't ravenously hungry, and devours it as soon as it comes out of the oven.  Then I would have to bake bread every day!

2 comments:

dawn wilson said...

flies in the bread!?!?!? Nasty!!! I would be baking my bread too! I am glad you have a neighbor's house that you can do your laundry at. I was picturing you with a washboard and a big tub!!! :)

Murphy boys said...

Hey there.....well I found a raisin in our bread the other day, or at least I hope it was a raisin, haha. I have also seen roaches crawl in and out of bags from time to time. I know...gross! I would love to have your bread recipe tho. Are you using a bread machine, or doing it the ol' fashion way? I love reading your blog. I think it would be neat to start my own blog (not that we don't have enough already with the ministry website and the boys blog), but one to just talk about daily life here in the PI with a woman's perspective, like you have done there...You have inspired me;) My only problem is how to control my sarcasm and frustrations with the culture....I don't know that I could do that very well. Sorry, this isn't the place for a book to be written....love you guys..Connie