Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Funny Picture


I was looking through my pictures last night, and found this one and knew I needed to blog about it.  This man wore this big, pink, floppy hat all afternoon and didn't act like he had on anything but a plain, old, man's hat.  No one else seemed to notice it either, except me.  I mean if a guy in the states was at a weekend retreat with his work, there is no way he would be caught dead running around in a big, pink, floppy hat complete with a flower on the front.  And then if he did dare to wear it, he would be endlessly ribbed by all his fellow workers.  Here things are different.  Pink and blue are just plain old colors, not gender distinguishers.  You see baby boys wearing pink, flowery stuff all the time, and in little girls with blue, ball covered clothes.  Sometimes it just strikes me as funny. 

No comments: