Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Worship service

Living in a foreign place that speaks a different language is really different.  It affects you in ways that you may never have expected.  Lack of a "real" church/worship service is something that really affected me.  Sitting in a service where all singing and speaking is in Mongolian, no English at all, I began to feel like a sponge that was slowly drying and shriveling up.  yes, personal devotions are wonderful, but not the same.  I have found a wonderful website with a great teacher that I truly enjoy learning from.  It is reviveourhearts.com and she is teaching a series now on God's Beautiful Design for Women, from Titus 2.  I have my own personal worship service, usually in  my kitchen where I spend at least 75% of my time,  she is stepping all over my toes about having our hearts and minds focused on God and how our attitude affects every aspect of our lives (ouch)
   SO check it out and get your toes stepped on TOO. 

1 comment:

Joanna Allen said...

Thanks for the info. I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I realized shortly after arriving here that if I was gonna grow spiritually, it was totally up to me. No more spoon feeding! I go back and forth from the online studies of Beth Moore and Chuck Swindoll, but I will check this one out too.